Well, getting it “running” on the phone after that was pretty easy. Although not everything went quite as planned … Here’s a really awful picture of my progress:
Stuff to deal with later this week:
- I’ve still got a long way to go in comprehending ObjectiveC .. So far, it’s all black magic to me, so I just guess until the compiler stops yelling at me.
- No input yet, so no game play .. that’ll come next Should be fun! I don’t think that part will be too hard, Apple provides a number of tutorials on getting touch input, so hopefully that will be straightforward.
- It’s rotated the wrong way. I’ve got my game defined in a 480×320 box, but I guess the default view for the iphone is in the 320×480 direction. I’ll probably just switch my default setup to be in the 320×480 orientation. I might use gravity to determine which way the numbers on the planets are rendered.
- No anti-aliased lines .. Hmn .. I think I’ve enabled all the right stuff, but I guess I’ll have to read up on that. It would be a pity of Galcon wasn’t anti-aliased on the iphone.