So I’ve been working on an Android tuneup for Galcon over the past couple days. Here’s what’s been going on:
- Some users were having the game hang on them when the phone went to sleep. There were two issues here, one was a deadlock situation because I had onPause “synchronized” and I wasn’t using the wakelock to keep the device from falling asleep. I fixed the deadlock and I added the wakelock feature so that the device does not fall asleep while you are waiting for a round to end or whatever. To sleep your device you have to press the sleep button now.
- In Android 2.3.3 the ability to scroll up and down the server list was somehow broken. It seems that the ability to track motion was somehow changed in the new version. Also, my code in the previous version didn’t handle things well anyways. So I’m just tracking motion manually and that seems to have fixed the issues in the game.
- I’ve also tested Galcon on the Xoom and it works pretty well!
I hope you enjoy the update! Please tell me if there are any odd side-effect issues that result from the fixes I’ve put in.
… And to celebrate, Galcon for Android is on sale for $0.99! So now would be a good time to spread the word about Galcon on the Android!
P.S. A special thanks to Google for giving me a Xoom tablet at GDC! It’s great having the whole gamut of Android devices to test on now The devices I have are the G1, Droid, Nexus One, and Xoom.