So I thought of an idea for pycon2009 … A GONG SHOW!Â Here’s how it would work:
- People sign up for 5 minute slots.
- A panel of 3 judges preside.
- Each person gets 1 minute to get into their talk.
- After that point, the panel is free to “gong” the person any time it gets dull or uninteresting or for any other reason.
- Each judge will score each talk on a 1-10 scale.
- The winner will get a prize!
Good idea?Â Comments?Â I think it would be a fun thing to do in addition to the normal lightning talks.Â Maybe I’ll propose it for a 45 minute talk space next year.