The Galaxy Map is now available to everyone! I hope all the clans have fun battling it out over stars! To conquer, use skill, strategy, and diplomacy! Read the help for an overview of the map rules, and be sure to drop by the forums if you have questions or feedback.
Posted in galcon2 | Comments Off on Galcon 2 – The Galaxy Map is here!
Ahoy there! A lot of new things in this update! There’s some new ship shapes, a new trophy, AND new ship classes! The ship classes are Fighter which makes ships battle in mid-air and a St.Patty class which makes all players be one of a dozen shades of green!
I hope you have a great time playing with the new features!
Hey y’all! Some new Galcon 2 stuff to check out There’s a whole new sector called “Eliminator” that structures 1v1 games into a bracket with many people playing at the same time. There’s also a bunch of Valentine’s goodies and some sweet new ships!
Posted in galcon2 | Comments Off on Galcon 2 – Valentine’s week and new Eliminator sector!
Ahoy there, after almost TWO years, we’ve finally made it! Galcon 2 is launching on Desktop / Steam today! Galcon 2 is Free-to-play with In-App-Purchases. You can get it for Steam here, or directly here for PC/Mac/Linux/Android.
It has been a great couple of years, and I really really appreciate all the help the community gave towards making this game possible. I want to give a special thanks to the benefactors: Synozeer, Evan Rattner, Starkonja, Milagre, Strom, Mark Green, newpoweR,Eric “Guitee” Guite, Tom “Tomatzo” Andreae, Chris Paras, Gareth Jenkins, Mafl, Bas Hendrickx, Pittsburgh – Go Steelers!, dsent, tav, Mom and Dad, Langoulant, tinny, MARKUSON, Logan C. Espey.
And a special thanks to the community regulars: esparano, marky1991, chi-ro, tycho2, zamrai, KlR4, medeman, KylerCA, dart, tim_saxton, melek, sidekick, neverwins, guitee, black5535, hollander, sky_lark, LjuboM, terces, mafl, xStatiCa, tinny, cj64, concretewave, coolhwip, nse_monsta.
To go along with this launch I’ve updated the game with a new co-op campaign mode as well as a bunch of fun holiday goodies, like these sweet Santa trophies!
Hope to see you online!!
P.S. The iOS version has been submitted to Apple! I can’t promise anything, but I sure hope to see it released before Christmas!
Posted in galcon2 | Comments Off on Galcon 2 – Desktop / Steam Launch!
Ahoy there, 1.0.3 is now available on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. iOS / TestFlight users will get an email shortly.
It’s only been a few days since the last update, but I wanted to get these changes out before the weekend. Lots of polish here:
- Added automatic sync of new images, sounds during login. You can see this in action in the login news! I’ll be able to use this to do small updates of the game without having to do new builds and re-approval on all platforms.
- Added a tournament trophy fanfare and display of tournament results when they are awarded.
- Further attempts at fixing graphic glitches with some video cards. Do post if you have any problems (or if you had problems and they are fixed now!)
- Fixed the g2.state = “menu” bug that most mods were crashing from.
- Fixed the box select graphics so they don’t look awful.
- Updated the server list with better organization and more room.
- Improved layout in tournament stats pages, and all pages that displayed the galaxy map.
- Improved speed of login.
- Changed “Vitality Points” back to “Experience Points”
Do post in the forums and feedback or comments! Thanks to everyone who has been helping out! I’m really excited to launch this game more widely soon!
Posted in galcon2 | Comments Off on Galcon 2 – 1.0.3 – Polish & Auto-Updates